Become a donor
Become a donor in Australia
No matter where you live, your country’s national registry is linked to the international database. That’s how you can donate in Australia and save someone in Sri Lanka.
Be between 18 and 30 years old
Understand that you’ll remain on the registry until your 60th birthday
- Have read the information materials
- Never have been diagnosed with thalassaemia major, sickle cell disease, Fanconi anemia or hemophilia
- Never have received an organ or bone marrow transplant
- Have never suffered a stroke or heart attack
- Not be HIV positive
- Hold a valid Medicare card
- Be in good health
- Complete a spit test
- Be willing to give to anyone, anywhere, at anytime
Simple cheek swab with a kit provided via mail by the Australian Bone Marrow Donor Registry via Strength to Give.
5 steps to becoming a better human